Please follow me on Twitter if you want to get updates throughout the day at http://twitter.com/myjobscope. If you have any questions you’d like me to ask the rep, please feel free to @message me @MyJobScope during the day.
My goal is to understand the job better, so I can explain it better to those I am recruiting. I hope that you’ll find it interesting and informative. In a few days time, I will write up the experience. Until then, here is my list of questions:
1. Which products do you advise surgeons on during procedures? How?
2. When you are in procedures, are the patients awake?
3. What is the best way to increase volume in account? What do you leverage the most: service, contracts, GPOs, innovative products, price, all of the above?
4. What is a typical sales cycle?
5. What are the keys to successful territory management and strategy?
6. What/who are the main call points?
7. How much are decisions driven by physician preference? Economic factors?
8. Who are the important influencers?
9. How much do you call on the C-Level? Purchasing?
10. What is the most complex deal you’ve closed?
11. Biggest competition? How many other reps do you compete with in this territory?
12. Why would someone who is really good at what they do want this job?
13. What essential skills does this job come down to? What has made you successful?
14. How do you stay current on new products? Procedures?
15. What’s one thing you do that had been very successful for you?
16. Why do you think reps fail?
17. What is the biggest difference between this and B2B sales? Why is it more satisfying?
18. What is the most fun on a day-to-day basis about this job?
19. Biggest headache?
20. If someone wanted to prepare themselves for a position like this, what would you recommend they do?
21. Fill in the blank: If you love ___________ you will love this job.
22. Fill in the blank: If you hate ___________ you will hate this job.
23. How often are you in procedures?
24. Percentage breakdown of your time according to different parts of the job?
25. What are the key questions you ask to qualify opportunities?
26. What are the top 3 things a rep must do in order to succeed?
Happy G.I. nurses and associates day! I hope you can tune in for the party.